Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Boys Boys Boys, I like Boys in Cars

Donna suggested that I do a food post since I haven't done one since... my first post! Although I haven't bought anything that I think everyone should go out and try, I do bake a whole lot so expect some cupcake recipes coming up. I like to bake when I get really stressed or am going through some difficult times. I know my friend Cori said I was like Izzie from Grey's Anatomy (one of my favorite shows!) I went through a 2 week period where I did nothing but bake cupcakes, cookies, and Angel Food cake and to say the least my friends and family totally reaped the benefits. I've decided the first recipe:

Mocha Cupcakes with home made Cream Cheese Frosting

Should be up in about 2 weeks since I have finals and junk next week.

So anyone that has ever driven with me or seen me driving knows that I love jamming out in my car. I'm that person that has their windows rolled down (and back in the day, sun roof opened), arm out the window, blasting their music so loud that the glass is vibrating. This is only in the summer time because I love summers in Maryland (most of the time). It's usually a nice breeze, bright sun, and perfect "jam" weather. I have a very specific Jam playlist for this summer and I just wanted to share it with you girlies.

My iPod who's backlight no longer functions...but I can't live without.

1. Boys Boys Boys - Lady Gaga
This is just an upbeat song that I'm totally in love with. I start shaking my hips and before you know it I'm in a full jam out session. Every time she says "We like boys in cars..." I automatically think of the Challenger. It's so sad that I'm starting to become obsessed about a car. Her whole album is awesome. It's got a little bit of everything: slow songs, pop songs, dance songs.


2. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

This is my country/pop jam of the summer. I used to listen to Taylor occasionally but ever since I started hanging out with my friend who's obsessed with her... I haven't stopped listening to her especially this song. I mean... who can't relate to this song? A girl that has a crush on a boy who doesn't notice that she's the best thing for him... sigh. I'm totally the girl in sneakers. Taylor, why must you be so catchy.

3. Jump - Flo Rida feat. Nelly Furtado
"When I say jump you say how high?" The beat is just awesome. 'Nough said.

4. Touch Me - Flo Rida
The computerized intro to this song catches your attention and then you're just hooked!

5. Weightless- All Time Low
All Time Low is a local band that I've been listening to/following since my freshman year of high school. Some of you may recognize them from MTV =) I'm glad they've grown to be so popular. Weightless is one of their new songs for their much anticipated CD due out in July! This song describes my mood for this summer exactly. "This my reaction. To everything I fear. I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here." *cue head bang!* I blast this song all the time when I drive to school and it just puts me in the zone.

6. Fat Bottomed Girls- Queen
It's Queen. No explanation needed.

7. Wonderwall - Oasis
This is such a beautiful but mellow song that's just about love. Just take a listen to the lyrics.

8. Hello Seattle - Owel City
If you like bands like HelloGoodbye or Plushgun. I think Owl City is right up your ally. It's very poppy and electronica sounds but adorable!

9. Baby One More Time... - Britney Spears
That's right! I went old school! I've played this song twice while driving with my friend and we had a grand old time. It's always fun jamming out to old songs and reminiscing.

10. New Soul - Yael Naim
Many of you know this song from the Apple commercials and honestly, Apple knows what's up when it comes to music, I can't even lie. They've featured some of my favorite bands on there Ads =)

11. Chokechain! - 3OH!3
They've gotten hugely popular since their single "Don't Trust Me" released on the radio but this is by far my favorite song by them. "Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go..."

12. Summer Hair = Forever Young - The Academy Is...
The title explains it all.

13. Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Girl anthem much?

14. That's Not My Name - Ting Tings
I will be the first to admit that this song bugged the HELL out of me when I first heard it but it grew on me... now when I walk to class I find myself shaking my shoulders, singing "They call me Hell! They call me Stacy!" in my head. Yes, I occasionally get questionable looks.

15. Wannabe - Spice Girls
Don't even try to lie and say you don't know the lyrics to this song!

16. Single Ladies - Beyonce
Yes, this song is over played. Yes, the dance videos of this song on you tube are priceless (especially the Joe Jonas one...) Yes, if you like it then you better put a ring on it!

17. I'm on a Boat - The Lonely Island feat. T-Pain
"I got my swim trunks... and my flippy floppies." Another viral video, but for some reason I always have fun blasting this song and rapping the Adam Samberg parts with Daniel.

18. Bust a Move - Young MC
Old rap song = eternal love. Snap your fingers, thrust your hips. "She's dressed in yellow, she says hello. Come sit next to me, you fine fellow. You run over there without a second to lose. And what comes next? You bust a move!"

19. Sugar - Flo Rida
How can you not like a song with a clip from the 90s hit Eiffel 65 "Blue." ( I can still recite most of the lines to that song... damn catchy Italians!) Puts his Flo Rida touch on a classic 90s dance song.

20. The Beach - All Time Low
I'm sorry, but I have to pay homage to my favorite hometown boys. This is the perfect ending to a summer or summer playlist. "They can take take take the kids from the summer, but they'll never never never take the summer from me. It was the very first time I lost my mind for a week. They can make make make me forget the weather, if I never never never wash the sand from my feet. It was the very last time we said good bye to the beach. Showing off our teeth." They basically take the words straight from my mouth. Plus, the guitar riffs allow enough time to insert a dance party.

My playlists are usually 100+ songs but I figure I'd keep it to 20. =) Everyone has different music tastes and I totally appreciate that. I love listening to everything and I mean everything. I listen to indie, folk, oldies, post rock, rap, r&b, techno... If you have any music suggestions let me know! I love adding new songs to my iPod.

xoxoxCTang

5 comments:

  1. Christine, you need some Beastie Boys in there. "Intergalactic" and "Sabotage".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting songs! Now, I have more to add to my ipod! Whoa, your backlight is broken? Mine has pixels dead. Weeeeh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyy thanks for the comments :D
    nice playlist!!

    and i defs cannot wait for your cupcake post :D my fav has got to be red velvet or just chocolate. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, thanks for the song recs! I haven't heard a few of them before =D

    Plushlash is such a great find!! It defined your lashes and made them uber long! I say, chuck the others out and stay with Plushlash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i love your playlist!!! i love owl city!! he's the kewlest! and i was so obsessed with 3OH!3 for a while cuz they're so funny! but then they got overplayed. and love gaga and taylor swift.

    i would totally bum off an ear bud from you any day =P

    ReplyDelete